Ends Thursday, June 24th, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Total Donation Goal $47,138 $0.00 Funded
This campaign still needs $47,138.05 within 8 months!
About this Campaign
Stephen Girard Elementary is a K-4 school that serves 400 students in the West Passyunk section of South Philadelphia. We recognize the importance of all students having access to high quality teaching and learning experiences.
Putting high quality instructional materials into the hands of teachers is the first step in supporting them toward developing high quality lessons and increasing student engagement. Guided reading builds a bridge between where students are and where they need to be or could be as readers.
Our current guided reading resources have the following shortcomings:
- Poor selection of materials at early reading levels
- Teachers spending time and resources finding, paying for, printing, and photocopying books
- Materials that are misaligned to student needs
A Scholastic Guided Reading Book Room will provide:
- Over 6,200 texts
- 240 books per level (40 titles, 6 copies each)
- 60 Short reads per level (5 cards, 6 copies each)
- 24/7 digital access with the Leveled Book Room Accelerator
- Professional books and services
- Innovative packaging
No amount is too small or large, and the result will be priceless.